An old favourite for targeting your glutes.
Besides looking good, having a strong bum also helps your posture & athleticism as well as helping to protect your back & knees from injury.
A variation on the Glute Bridge is the Hip Thrust, which is where instead of the ground, your shoulders are resting on a raised surface like a bench or sofa.
Hip Thrusts will target more of your glutes & quads, whereas the Glute Bridge will also activate your Hamstrings and lower back.
Here's some tips to perform the Glute Bridge:
- Lie flat on your back, on the floor or with a yoga mat
- With your long body band, double over and loop each end under your feet.
- Lift the centre of the band over your knees and position it on your hips
- Squeeze your glutes and lift your hips upwards until you form a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Hold briefly before slowly lowering your bum back to the ground.
- Repeat for 8-12 reps
Shop Long Body Bands here