Bent Over Row
Do you ever struggle with back pain?
If you've ever had a bad back, you'll know just how painful & frustrating it can be but how important protecting the health of your back is.
The back is often an overlooked group of muscles when exercising, with many choosing to focus on more vain muscle groups that you can see in the mirror!
However, there are many benefits to strengthening the back, from helping to protect the spine & spinal cord, improving your posture and even helping you pull objects towards you.
Quite simply, having a strong back will improve your quality of life now and as you get older.
This move is great for targeting your back, but also works your core & biceps.
Take it slow & controlled, squeezing your shoulders at the top.
The bent over row is one of my personal favourites to do with the long loop body band.
If you fancy giving them a go, here are some tips:
- Keep your knees bent. Straight legs will add undue stress on your lower back.
- Keep your back straight and your core engaged.
- Once in position, the only part of you to move should be your arms.
- Pull your elbows back behind you, squeezing your shoulders.
- Stay slow & controlled. Slowing down your reps will keep your muscles under increased tension for longer.
So, now you know how, who's working on their six-back tonight? (see what I did there? Six-pack... six-back... never mind)
Shop Long Body Bands here